iN my bAlcoNy

...

Sunday, January 18, 2004

Before i really get satrted.. I want to say, simplicity is an art.


The Malay tradition. The tradition that surrounds me the most as compared to other traditions and stuff, in the sense of the language i learn and my close frenZ(dun get me wrong i ain't racist) Once again I have been erm fortunate shd I say, to be ale to grace a Malay event. "hi-tea with Siti 25" something lidat. For those who don't know what'Z it about, it's celebrating Siti Nurhaliza's (malay community's, Britney, ayumi BoA etc.) birthday. It was held at the Orchid Country Club in Yishun. IT sounds kewl cool and all, but thing is.. i don't fancy the malay tradition community etc. Those ppl who really know me know this.(once again don;t get me wrong I ain't racist). This is not the first event that my Malay friends are rather envy of me as I was able to attend. My father insisted on me to attend it and I said ok, I mean he's paying and all.. so yea.

This time however, I left the place leaving with a feeling. Usually I leave this kind of occation with a feeling, a feeling of 'yea watever' or something like that. This time, I was in awe. Sure i was left waiting for 3 hours before Siti turned up. Meanwhile i was left with 4 imbeciles. Talking crap, with ppl with heavy 'head gears'(those without the head gears had heavy 'camoflage paint' then again some had both on) laughing their head off. Heck i couldn;t even catch what the hell they were saying. Imbeciles. My command of the Malay language is not strong many people reading this will know, but they were seriiously talking too fast, even my mom and all couldn't catch thrm.(any of you thinking that my mom and the other people i was with suck in Malay too, screw you for even thinking that, it's only true for myself and maybe my dad).


Well, back to my point. I was left in awe. The display of humbleness in a high profiled person is amazing. A voice so soothing, that changes to a voice that brings a tingle down the spine, so powerful, so ... sincere. A moment when Siti weeped when she sang with a blind duddette came to her show(paid 65 bucks to listen to her live.. whoa~!) a star so humane. As she sang to the girl, a few weeped guys and girls(not me though..=X).I've seen many artiste all over the world (mainly caucasians, leaving their fans in tears as well. But this was different. I can never feel the feel, when i see this same artiste dressing like sluts or whores or do stupid f-ed up stuff and still 'touch' fans(I ain't racist). That doesn;t get me to my heart. Siti's different. Decently clad in all black long sleeved, longish top with long pants, a simple school girl pony tailed hair. She entertained. She entertained with her voice. Pure.


Backtrack, why i hate the Malay community?. The language is already irritating as it is. That's beside's the point. The people themselves does not do good by behaving the way tyhey do. Malay's have made a rather low reputation of themselves and all in general. I still have to admit majority of my friends are Malays. Hey i'm alright with befriendning all this people. seriously I am fine. Heck they can even end up being my close friends. But the fact that Muslim is their so called default religion, their behaviour are rather disturbing.True influences are strong, but Muslim is a religion very deep in faith(my perspect as I AM a Muslim, not saying I am a good Muslim myself).


Back to Siti, a 'model' modern Muslim i should say, and also a model SINGER. cause that's all she is, a singer. Heck and she still is one hell of an entertainer bagging lots and lots of awards. Seriously a mindblowing singer. A praise to a Malay from me Haider. Lucky her(shameless me)
So simple.


This entry might be confusing to the non-Muslims or Malay. Especially to those people who knows I have a Chinese girlfriend and all quote from earlier 'modern Muslim' stilla Muslim.Just take it as somnething to read, don't think too much about it. For the Malay's and Muslims my apologies if i had offended anyone. Then again maybe no apologies is required. Depends on how open minded you want to be, read what i wrote(or type), reflect.. take it or feel pissed about it(and myself), it's up to you.( I ain't a racist, those who know me, knows this).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home